Wednesday, August 5, 2009

40.43 miles - Loretto/Baker Park Loop/19-Independence Rd loop - Noodles/Dunn Bros/Whole Foods/Lake Calhoun - 8/4/09

40.43 total miles for the day

21.5 miles
18.6 avg
30.1 max
1:08:58
Poprad

Wonderful ride around Lake Independence. Independence Rd is a great and very quiet place to ride. I saw a Bald Eagle perched on a dead tree by the road. I was about 20 feet from him/her. It just was checking me out. It was kind of scraggly - maybe a young bird or diseased, but still majestic and beautiful!

18.93
avg 11.8
max 18.3
cal 392.5
1:35:29
Trek 790 Burley Puller

Took Kian to dinner at Noodles & Co., Whole Foods and the Dunn Bros on Hennepin tonight. He had a decent ride....he typically dozed off a few times. But I think he had a good time. It was great spending time with him. I miss spending time with the other boys when they were this age. They all have different qualities and personalities - even at this early age.

No comments: