Sunday, October 4, 2009

12 miles - Commute/Baker Rd Extension - 10/03/09












12 miles

Fisher Tassahara Winter Bike
First ride on the winterbike....

This bike was a combination of new parts, parts laying around, garage sale finds and Craigslist finds. It turned out great in my opinion. The single speed is set at 50/20 for this ride. I am trying out 50/18 for the next ride. The 50/20 really spun out and I had a hard time descending hills without much top end. The bike originally cost $50 at a yard sale. I installed new chain tensioner, tires, tubes, and it needed a bottom bracket. I also went the extra mile and stuck a new seat and seat post on the bike.
The great finds were the yard sale fenders (brand new) for $3 and the Craigslist lighting system, which is a NiteRider Cyclops for $20....
...very excited for a fun winter bike that rides well, is a single speed and has a low center of gravity...I reinstalled the rack today with better hardware, changed the rear cog to a 18t, installed the new seat post and dropped the handlebars about 1.5"...

No comments: