Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cateye Velo 8 Cycling Computer = indestructable!!!


I have been using the wired Cateye Velo 8 computers on all of my bikes (I don't mind the wire) because Cateye specializes in computers and lights. I really didn't understand how great the Cateye cycling computer is until a couple of days ago, when I failed to push it onto its holder all of the way and it fell off on busy Excelsior Blvd in St. Louis Park. I stopped ASAP and tried to rescue it, but it was too late. Two cars ran over it. It popped under at least wheels and on the third wheel it flew over to the shoulder of the road. As I watched I yelled F#%K and swung my arms thinking I am going to have to lay down some cash for a new computer for my road bikes.

Alas, I picked the computer up angrily, looked at it and started pushing the buttons. Unbelievable, it was still working totally fine and totally intact. I was shocked. I simply stuck it back on its holder (correctly this time) and rode away!!

I would recommend the Cateye cycling computer. Its affordable, dependable, easy to use and obviously indestructible!!!

Its got some road rash, but hey, it was run over 3 times...what do ya expect!!!

No comments: