Friday, February 6, 2009

25 miles - Greenway/W River Prkwy/Downtown/Bryn Mar/Cedar Lake/SW Corridor - 37 degrees - 2/06/09






25 Miles
Swamp Monster
1.75 hours

Great ride. but not long enough!! I flatted when I reached the end of the Greenway. Luckily, I am alwaysd prepared with extra gloves, tube, etc... There was a peice of glass about .5 centimeters in width sticking out of my front tire - right down the center line.
I was going to take my Trek 330 single speed, but I am glad I didn't because the ice and slush was very problematic, even for my cyclocross tires on the Monster. I stopped and had dinner at First Wok with my wife, Liam and Kian (the baby) and rode home very chilly from the sweat. I am looking forward to more rides in the next few months...
PS: Saw a lot of commuters in full gear...mostly riding squeaky shitboxes and fixies, but I did see a cool Pugsley all decked out for winter commmuting...

No comments: