Thursday, July 8, 2010

56.7 miles - 3 Rides on North Shore - 7/6 - 7/7 - 7/8/10






56.7 miles
17.1 avg
41.1 max
3:18:20

Black Trek
20 miles on the first morning of our short stay at the Cascade Lodge (http://www.cascadelodgemn.com/) was great. Warm weather and hardly a breeze. 10 miles on the second day because there was a fog that spattered my glasses, I forgot my water bottle and I was very achy for some reason. 27 miles on the last day. I set a very small goal which was to climb the Gunflint Trail from Grand Marais to the top of the hill - 3 miles on a steady and steep incline. It was fun and nice to feel a burn from climbing for a change. There are no hills in the Twin Cities worthy of calling a challenge. Great rides, although short. The pics are of a cool strange bike and of a view from mid hill on the Gunflint of Grand Marais.

No comments: