Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kona Resurection - Part I


The Kona Mano Mano full suspension is a used bike manufactured in 1999. It came equipped with an XT crankset and derailluers, LX shifters and a Vanilla Float Rock Shox rear shock.


Unfortunately the person I bought it from received the bike from a company that she worked for that manufactured crazy, weird, needless and stupid cranks. Of course a "stupid crank" was installed on the Mano Mano. The good thing was that the bike was waaaay too big for her and instead of riding and abusing it, she let it sit in her garage. The bad part is that the crankset that is literally stuck on my bike is heavy and gay - it is designed to be pedaled both backwards and frontwards - I know, I don't get it either. the other good part is that the bike only cost me 200 bucks...


But I was quite serious in that it is literally stuck on the bike. It won't come off. Doug, the ace mechanic at Penn Cycle in Minnetonka, is in the process of cutting it off. It may be that in the process of getting the bottom bracket removed, the housing may get ruined. We have our fingers crossed, however, it doesn't look good. The future of my Mano Mano is in Doug's hands....wish him luck....

No comments: