Tuesday, November 18, 2008

19.31 miles - Lake Circuit/Errands - 31 degrees - 11/18/08

19.31 miles
avg 15.1
max 23.1
cal 524.3
1.16.20

Trek Winter Bike

Was going to do the Greenway/Minnehaha Parkway loop but decided against it due to the windy cold...I figured that if it got too chilly I could just hop off the Lake Trails and head home...it was a good idea...I hit all the lakes from Cedar to Lake of the Isles to the E side of Calhoun and 3/4 of the way around Lake Hariet...I went through Linden Hills to trader Joe's to finish up my grocery shopping...so I had to ride with both panniers and my backpack - no big deal really...not too excited about taking "pleasure" rides in this weather...

My two dilemmas are:
1. figuring out how to dry my lobster gloves...I put them in the dryer tonight, but I don't want to waste a half hour of electric just to dry my gloves...my other thoughts were a) use the hair dryer shoved inside them on low, or b) take a piece of PVC pipe and shove it into the wrists to open them up to air, or c) a combination of both.
2. finding a system, besides just taping under the sole of my shoe to keep the air out. I was thinking that my Am-Phib shoe pullovers just don't keep the cold wind out enough. I may try and Velcro something over the toe area, because the pullover only covers the top of the shoe and allows air to get into the front of the shoe.

No comments: