Monday, November 24, 2008

Introducing the Swamp Monster winter bike!!!

The name comes the fact that this bike was in a flood...therefore it was severely dirty and has a lot of oxidization on the aluminum components.

I took the parts off and washed them in solvent and since there were no brakes, I added a set from my 1985 Trek MTB, which work swell.

I added the fenders, which obviously need adjusted, the Bontrager cyclocross tires (b/c this is a winter bike), the nice Bontrager saddle, my SPD pedals, a rear light and a couple of stickers to spruce it up.

I don't like Grip Shift, but it functions fine and I took it out for a 20 mile test ride today and the Monster rides great. I wish I could ditch the flat bar, but that would be too much work.

This is primarily a winter bad weather bike...so I can retire my Trek "winter bike" and save that nice old frame from the salt!!!

The Trek will get Extracycled next year!!! That I cannot wait for....














No comments: