Wednesday, March 19, 2008

29.27 miles - 101 to Cedar Lake Route

29.27 miles

max 31.8

Poprad

SW Corridor west to Excelsior Blvd west to HWY101 north to Minnetonka Blvd east to Virginia Ave to Hutchinson Spur Trail east to Cedar Lake south to Kenilwood Trail connects back to SW Corridor west back to the South Oak Hill Neighborhood.

Warm ride in the mid 40's today. I made the mistake of taking a segment of the unpaved SW Corridor past Shady Oak Lake - it was muddy, icy and messy. I got all mucked up and feet got really cold. I tried the cut plastic bag trick, but the water seeped down into my shoes anyway. I had to stop at Dunn Bros in Minnetonka Mills to warm my feet and have a tea.

The Poprad will get a thorough cleaning and lube tonight...it was squeaking by the end of the ride....overall a nice ride with the exception of cold toes. I may look into swapping out the tires on my Poprad, but I am going to think on it a bit more....I am going to need to swap out to street tires for the Ironman Ride on April 27....looking for suggestions????

No comments: