Tuesday, June 10, 2008

22.74 - Visit to Freewheel Bikes on Greenway with Liam - 6/10/08

22.74 miles
avg 12.8
max 26.8
cal 578.1
1.45.51
Greenpeace with NEW ride-a-long (pics coming soon)

Thank you Craigslist again!!! We woke up this morning groggy and I checked my e-mail right away because I am trying to sell my vintage Trek 310 (which turned out great by the way - someone from NYC is buying it and I have to ship it out)...anyway, of course I check the bike listing before I check my e-mail....and lo-and-behold some rich dude from Edina is giving away a like-new Adams trail-a-bike. Its a deluxe model, yellow in color, with a lightweight fender and a very cool rack (for Liam's skateboard). Liam was crying because his leg was cramping up and we grudgingly made it to the car and off to Edina thinking it was a lost cause and there it was, laying in the grass. So we took it home (after a stop at Sunnyside Up in Uptown for breakfast) and adjusted it, hooked it up and christened it with a nice 20 mile ride. Although Liam kept saying "can we go home," I told him that we were going to go to a new and cool place that he would like...and loved it. We had Cliff bars and coffee and Liam took 16 free Nature Valley granola bars and shoved them in my pack. We watched the bikes go past while Liam chided them with silly remarks in his natural smartass way.....

...the coolest thing was that I saw a guy pass with a bike that he bought from me...it was "Luce Lined" bike that I saved from a guy in Chaska. The bike was a very tall and bombproof vintage Raleigh hybrid bike. This bike I picked up for 15 bucks as a leftover from a yardsale....spent some time cleaning and adjusting, and it turned out fantastic...I sols it to some twenty-something in Uptown for 125 bucks. He got a great deal...it was a great bike....and it made me feel good to see some guy commuting with a bike that I sunk some love into!!!!

No comments: