Tuesday, June 10, 2008

34.94 miles - Greenway/U of MN/St. Paul River Parkway/Greenway - 6/10/08

34.94 miles
avg 16.8
max 28.7
cal 1174.7
2.04.16
Poprad

First, the view of the Mississippi River looking north from the Ford bridge is spectacular...you wouldn't even know that you were in the midst of two large cities if someone plopped you there blindfolded and had you open your eyes...it was great!! I never stood on that bridge before. The river parkway on the east side is very nice - its a totally different atmosphere than the west. That seems to be the way Minneapolis and St. Paul are - they both have a certain element all their own, even as close as across a bridge. I must say I like them both, but the Minneapolis side seems more familiar...more like home. The St Paul side gives me the feeling of myself as a tourist or visitor. It always has...maybe I am an Uptown hipster emotionally, but certainly not physically....great ride today...I just wish I didn't always have to be home and had a whole day to ride the Twin Cities....

No comments: