Wednesday, April 30, 2008

14.43 miles - Cedar Lake quick route - 4/30/08

14.43 miles

avg 18.6

max 26.3

cal 523.8

0.46.29

Poprad

Dropped a couple of Redbox movies off at Byerly's and headed over for a swurvy loop around Bass Lake. Then I went down the SW Corridor and headed over to Cedar Lake Trail and back by way of the Hutchinson Spur Trail. On my way back a young and pretty lady pulled out just behind me and followed me for about a mile and proceeded to pass me. We were obviously going in the same direction so I stayed behind her. I wanted to pass many times, but I thought it may be a bit sexist or pushy to pass her. She eventually slowed down intentionally so I could pass. I didn't want to freak her out, I was hoping I was being courteous by not passing. Its like when someone you don't know begins walking next to you at the same pace - you are forced to slow down or speed up - it feels awkward to keep the same pace. Did I brake some trail/biking etiquette? Should I have passed her and played a passing game?

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

She probably thought you were looking at her butt...

GolgiApparatus said...

I certainly helped in my decision not to pass!!!