Thursday, April 3, 2008

First 2008 Ride With the Boys!!! - 04/04/08

What a great day for a ride to the Depot Coffeehouse in Hopkins with Liam and Thatcher. The temp was close to 50 degrees and it was sunny - as you can see in the pics.

Liam started off better than he ended last year. He was a bit frustrated at first, but I successfully showed him how to stop and start properly. He is a speed freak once he gets going!!! He loves to blast down the trail!!! That is Liam way ahead in the top picture.

We played Tony Hawke on the PlayStation for a half-hour at the Depot and then headed home....I will be blogging later about the horrific intersection on Excelsior near the Depot...


Thatcher and I went rode down to Calhoun Village for lunch at Punch Pizza after Liam went to his buddies house. It was great hanging with Thatcher...he was really curious how the shifters work and figured out that if you reach down and pull the cable on the top tube the derailleur will shift without using the shifters....smart kid!!! I love his busyness and curiosity!!! We had a good time. His endorphins must have been at an all-time high because he was about 10 times more energetic than usual for the rest of the day. He also kept saying things like, "I wish I could do this all day every day!"

What a great day with my boys!!!!



No comments: