Sunday, April 6, 2008

20.28 miles - Commute/Williston Extension/Ottowa Ped Bridge Ext - 4/6/08

20.28 miles

avg 15.8

max 35.4

cal 656.0

1.16.42

Poprad

Rainy, rainy day! Slept in because the weather people said it was going to rain all morning...woke up dry and decided to go for an extra commute ride on Williston and also went up along US494 on the windy and fast side trail. Started to rain on Willistion and pour when I was coming down McGinty Rd...so I stopped at Dunn Bros in Minnetonka Mills for an apple fritter and a coffee. It was really pouring and chilly when I left the coffee shop. I was drenched and took a shower at work.

The ride home in the rain was awesome....the rain was warm, so I took Minnetonka Blvd to the Ottawa Ped Bridge over HW7 and took the SW Corridor home. I LOVE the rain!!! I put a seat post rear fender on the Poprad (that Doug gave me) and it worked great. I also put the Zefel quick fender on my down tube, which doesn't work so hot. The water runs off the fender and into my shoes...maybe I'll try another front fender setup...it was a short, but fun ride in the wet Minnesota spring!

No comments: