Saturday, April 19, 2008

New Edition to the Bike Family - Sears 3 Speed

SOLD IT ON 5/2/08
I don't really know why. A young lady had been looking at a bike from me previously - a 1963 Schwinn Typhoon. She called back asking if I had anything else. I showed her this one. She liked it. I gave her a good price and she bought it...I miss it already...but I picked up an early black Schwinn Racer single speed...so we'll see how that goes...


These pictures are right off the car rack when I brought it home. There is something that draws me to these bikes, and I am not sure of what that might be.














I am thinking it might be the graphics and overall English 3 speed look. It would be cool to try and figure out what the graphics mean.





I'm not sure of the age, but I think I may just keep her for awhile. I paid 35 bucks from the original owner who lives across from the Armatage Park in South Minneapolis. He said it is mechanically sound, so a good cleaning and once-over might do the trick. I will probably outfit her with some new tread and black cable housing...














Here is a picture of my Sears fixie with similar graphics, but the symbol on the top tube is different...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you have to put a bottom bracket convertor in on this schwindle