Monday, May 19, 2008

10 miles (approx) MTB - Murphy Hanrehan Park

10 miles
Kona Manomano
(stock photo from http://www.threeriversparkdistrict.org/parks/murphy-hanrehan.cfm where you download a PDF of the trail)


I got up early and christened my full-suspension Kona Manomano at Murphy-Hanrehan Park. There is nothing like jamming full speed on tight single track...now I know what it is like on a decent mountain bike....anyway, I flatted within the first mile or so and learned how to use my CO2 pump the hard way. All I had with me was a superlite tube, so I was on pins and needles the rest of the ride, hoping that I wouldn't flat again. I ended up taking an obstacle that I never would normally take - by accident!! It was a step obstacle that sprang up around a bend on a downhill. I ended up pretty much not using my brakes and just hanging on to the bike. I was shaken up for about 10 minutes afterward, but it was cool...

I did, however, wipe out - about .2 miles from the end of the trail. There were some knuclenuts standing with their back wheels on the trail chatting and in an effort to avoid them, I scraped a small berm and end up being thrown off my bike and sliding past them on the dusty trail.

Great time!

No comments: