Wednesday, May 14, 2008

40.29 miles - Greenway/U of MN/Cedar Lake - 5/14/08

40.29 miles
avg 18.0
max 30.2
cal 1444.1
2.14.14
Poprad

Great day for a ride....just air conditioning...like the title says I took the Greenway to the U of MN and back across the river on Franklin (I think) and stopped for coffee and a cookie at Birchwood Cafe... took the parkway south to Lake Nokomis and then the Minnehaha Parkway to Lake Hariet and then past Lake Calhoun to the Cedar Lake Trail to Excelsior and home on the SW Corridor...not one rude driver today....everyone was very courteous - both on bikes and in cars...
The Poprad is doing very well with the Bontrager X Lite road tires. I will keep them on for awhile...I don't think I want to ride any nice bikes so early in the spring any longer. I am hearing the grinding noise from sand in the drive train. I tried cleaning and lube, but I may have to get more extensive in cleaning the Poprad and trying to be a bit more careful with road sand....

No comments: