Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vintage Trek Commuter

I purchased this frame from a friend for a six pack of brew.
I built it from the frame up...piece-by-piece.
It has:
  • Bontrager Race Lite wheels

  • Continental Gator Skins tires

  • Bontrager saddle

  • Bontrager Select handlebar - 44cm

  • Shimano bar end shifter - 9 speed

  • KHS removeable fenders

  • Bontrager Race Lite cranks and BB

  • carbon fiber seat post

  • Shimano 105 rear derailleur

  • Salsa Cromoto quill stem

I originally had a straight bar with an LX shifter but I wanted more reach so I installed the drop bars.

Now this is a great and confortable bike that is a true pleasure to commute with....


2 comments:

Frostbike said...

That's a great looking bike!

Anonymous said...

Thank you....I am very happy with it...it all seemed to fall into place perfectly...the vintage steel Trek frame is a great riding frame, even compared to the vintage Bianchi I just aquired...happy trails!!!